SLYRC guests, as well as individuals who may request its use during weekdays, are welcome to use the Prayer Hut, a small building on an island (accessible by a bridge).
The Prayer Hut is a place to pray.
It's available also for reflection, for meditation, or just for getting away or making time for oneself.
The Prayer Hut is quiet, colorful, inspiring.
It offers just a time for silence, or a wealth of prayer and meditation suggestions.
The Prayer Hut is conceived and designed for young people.
Teenagers and young adults are welcome to it.
Individuals are preferred, small groups are accepted.
At the St. Leonard Youth Retreat Center in Avon, Ohio.
It is located in what is known as "The Island".
Whenever someone wants to pray, get away, reflect, be alone, get in touch with God - day or night, rain or shine or snow.
Whenever God moves you.
Registration is mandatory.
Call 440-934-6735 to verify availability. Ask for Molly
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance to reserve the Hut.
Call Molly at 440-934-6735 or e-mail her at email@example.com
At your scheduled time, ring the bell at the residence of the fathers (St. Leonard House). Let the person who answers the door know that you have arrived for your reserved time of prayer.
Walk to the island and enter the Prayer Hut.
Sign in (book provided).
Engage in any of the suggested activities, or simply enter into the presence of God.
When ready to go, or when your reserved time has expired, turn off lights, heat, music, cascade fountain, etc. Return everything you have used to its proper place, clean up if necessary, sign out and leave.
- Sit on the chairs or bean bags, unwind, reflect, pray
- Explore the decorations (including World Youth Day and National Catholic Youth Conference memorabilia)
- Listen to music, or listen to the sounds of nature
- Try one or more forms of prayer from the binder provided
- Write your reflections on the appropriate binder
- Read from books and binder available. Pray with the Bible or the prayer books available
- Check out the hanging goodie baskets (feel free to take anything that will help you continue to pray once you leave)
- Mark your inspirational thoughts on the inside panel of either door
- Visit the engaging "stations" scattered along the sides of the Hut:
- The Cross of the Faith of the Martyrs
- The Empty Boat
- The Story of the Seeds
- The Censer
- The Sequoia Piece
- The "Live Fire"
- The Coal Rock
- The Lantern
- The Water Jar
- The Circle of Friends
- The Prodigal Forgiver
- Express your prayer in art form (some material provided)
- Discern God's dream for you in this life (some material provided)